Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4/8/14. The post where I decide to try yoga again.

4/8/14: slept better last night and woke up at a 6. My foot appears to be back to normal. And by "normal", I mean pre-nerve block normal.  The tingling is mostly gone, so it's just the usual RSD pain, which is actually a bit of a relief.

My employer recently started up free lunchtime yoga classes again after a long hiatus.  While I wasn't really sure if yoga is a sanctioned activity right now, I've missed it and I woke up this morning thinking about it, so I decided to give it a try.  Another attempt at living my normal life.  I promised myself (and my patient, long-suffering husband) that I would take it easy.  

How did my foot feel doing yoga?  Terrible.  But frankly, not that much more terrible than sitting at my desk for the rest of the day felt.  How my foot feels tomorrow after doing yoga today will be the real test, I think.  I go back to physical therapy tomorrow morning.  I intend to 'fess up about my yoga experiment and if my PT advises against it, I will comply.  And if my foot feels much worse tomorrow, I won't go back.  But I certainly enjoyed it and it did wonders for the rest of my body, not to mention my attitude, so I hope I can continue.  As do all the people who have to live and work with me.  As do all of you who are patiently listening to me complain day after day in this blog.  

In other good news, the weather has gotten sunny and beautiful again and I ate dinner outside, one of my favorite things to do.  Maybe this week will be okay after all.  Namaste, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment