Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7/14. The post where nerve blocks are dead to me.

4/7/14: not much sleep last night, but I can't blame it totally on my foot.  My patient, long-suffering husband got home very late from a rare Sunday night out-of-town gig.  What do you get when you cross a gigging musician and an attorney?  About five hours of sleep.  (Good one, huh?  I'm here all week...) The last thing I wanted to do when I woke up this morning was go to work, but I am determined to have as normal a week as possible, so I went.

Fortunately, it was a busy day at work and it went quickly.  I also made it through handbell practice.  Normal Monday? Check.  Except for my angry, screaming foot.  I've officially passed the 72 hour mark with no relief.  I'm ready to start using pain level numbers again, and it feels like about an 8 right now.  And thus ends the Great Nerve Block Experiment.

My next doctor appointment is a week from tomorrow and I guess we'll talk about plan C.  I have a busy schedule between now and then and I don't intend to miss anything if I can help it.  Maybe a return to physical therapy on Wednesday will help calm my foot down.  I hope my PT is rehearsing his pep talk, because I'm a little short on patience at the moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment