Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2/11/14. The post where I give the nerve block a little credit.

2/11/14: my over-enthusiastic PT performance yesterday didn't seem to do permanent damage.  As my patient, long-suffering husband correctly guessed, I was at a 6.5 when I left for work this morning.  He has gotten so good he can usually guess the number by the look on my face when he asks.  Either he is very perceptive, or I am very predictable. 

I hit a new fashion low today.  It was still very cold this morning, with a constant drizzle and potential ice, so I wore hiking boots to work with my dress pants and sweater.  In my defense, they are nice looking black leather hiking boots, but there is no mistaking them for anything but hiking boots.  More importantly, they are warm and sturdy, which is what I needed today.  I made it through the day without a citation from the office fashion police.  Even with the help from the boots, the cold seeped in and the pain ramped up steadily all day.  The weather is supposed to warm up for the rest of the week, which is a huge relief.  I'm ready to obsess over something other than the outdoor temperature.

And speaking of obsessing, I've been paying very close attention to all my symptoms for the last week to see if I can discern any difference after the nerve block.  While it hasn't made any difference as far as my pain level, I have noticed a difference in the color.  For the last few days, the color has seemed less pronounced and more quick to subside when it gets bright.  That seems significant to me and makes me a little more optimistic about having the second one next week.  So, while the nerve block gets a very low score on the compulsory elements, I will give it bonus style points.  Let's hope it can improve its score on the second run, or it is not going to make the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment