Thursday, February 6, 2014

2/6/14. The post where I complain about the weather.

2/6/14: I posted early yesterday, my "resting" day.  The new cold front was already coming in when I finished my post and I started trying to decide whether to go to choir practice.  It was the last rehearsal before our performance in a charity concert tonight.  I knew my patient, long-suffering husband would understand if I opted out, although his alter ego, my choir director, would be disappointed if I missed it.  I didn't want to leave the house, though.  In fact, I never wanted to leave the house again.  I wanted to stay bundled up on the couch in my sweats and blanket forever.  So I went.  

A two-hour rehearsal didn't leave me feeling any better, but at least I spent some time with a group of caring people and I was prepared for the concert tonight.  Another tough night, but work was delayed for two hours this morning due to the weather, so I had a little breathing room.  Today was even colder.  I'm really starting to hate cold weather. I had meetings all over town, and I made it through them, but every time I had to step outside and get in my freezing car, I questioned my sanity a little more.

I also made it through the concert tonight.  The choir sang beautifully and it was a nice event, but I'm thankful to be back home, bundled up on the couch in my sweats and blanket. (Sound familiar?)  I'm having a hard time finding a good balance right now.  I know I need to slow down, but I'm afraid if I slow down too much, I may come to a screeching halt.  It's way too early for that.  So for the time being, I'll keep taking things one day at a time and figuring it out as I go. So far, so good.

I think it's safe to say the first nerve block was officially a bust.  Pain's up in the 9 range, which I blame on the cold snap.  Another delayed work start in the morning because of the cold and then a PT appointment.  I won't want to go to work or to PT.  But I will.  And I'll pray for warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment