Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2/26/14. The post where I talk about the foreseeable future.

2/26/14: the angel on my shoulder wasn't taking any chances this morning and made sure I was wide awake two hours before my alarm went off.  Fortunately I'd gone to bed (relatively) early and gotten some decent sleep before my rude awakening.  My patient, long-suffering husband doctored my almond milk last night with a little stevia and warmed it in the microwave, so it was much more tolerable and I feel certain it helped me fall asleep.  I guess it will be on the nighttime agenda for the foreseeable future.

Started the morning at a 7, which is pretty impressive for a cold, rainy day.  I dressed warmly (one more bonus wearing of my winter boots!) and drove to work.  Driving is still uncomfortable and I guess it will be for the foreseeable future.

There is an association that provides information and support to people with RSD.  I keep up with them through social media and their website, and today they passed along a request for volunteers for a 20 year medical study.  Participants are required to complete a survey once a year and may be contacted for more detailed information depending on their survey answers. 

I thought long and hard about it.  Twenty years is significantly longer than the foreseeable future.  I hope to be in remission (and stay in remission) long before that, in which case my participation won't be of much use to them. On the other hand, it's not much of an imposition and while I'm not young, I'm young enough to have a reasonable expectation of participating for the entire twenty year period.  Ultimately, I decided to go for it.  If it helps doctors learn more about RSD, it's a good use of my time, whether it benefits me or future generations.  I read articles all the time about medical break-throughs based on long-term studies and I've always wondered how they get people to participate for so long.  I guess I'll find out.

Ended the day at about a 7.5 and the weather is supposed to be warmer tomorrow.  Hope it stays that way for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment