Saturday, February 22, 2014

2/22/14. The post where I berate my nerve block.

2/22/14: more of the same.  I had hoped to wake up to a surprise, but no such luck.  Started the day at a 7 and ramped up steadily.  

I think it's safe to say the nerve block didn't work.  And by "didn't work", I don't mean that I can't tell I had one.  At various times during the last two days I've had muscle spasms and tingling all over my foot and lower leg, which I am sure is a result of the nerve block.  What it didn't do was block the pain, which was its only job.  

So now, not only does my foot still hurt, it appears to be angry with me over the nerve block incident.  (I guess it's more fair to say my sympathetic nervous system is angry.  My foot is just confused, and all it knows is that it wants a new boss.)  Way to go, nerve block.

I took it easy most of the morning, then my patient, long-suffering husband got me out for awhile in the afternoon to try to take my mind off it.  We came back home and caught up on yesterday's Olympic coverage, thanks to the magic of DVR.  Then, I made what was probably a big mistake.  After way too many nights without enough sleep, I was overcome with fatigue and decided to take a nap.  I knew when I did it that it was a terrible idea, but rationalized it by telling myself I was going to sleep poorly tonight anyway, so I might as well get some sleep when I feel like I can.  

The good news: I slept for three hours.  The bad news: it is now 11 pm and I am wide awake.  And at about a 9.  It's going to be a looooooooong night...

No comments:

Post a Comment