Sunday, February 2, 2014

2/2/14. The post where I talk about skinny jeans.


2/2/14:  slow improvement.  Took a long time to get to sleep last night, but slept pretty well.  Still in the 7.5 range, but manageable.  I took it easy again this morning and I hope to go to a friend's Super Bowl party this afternoon.  These are friends I've known for 20 years, the kind of friends who won't mind if I end up sprawled out on their living room floor with my foot propped up, barking out drink orders, so I feel safe making plans to go.

In other news, I've given up on the muumuu idea and have come up with a new clothing plan.  When I went back to work a few weeks ago, I celebrated by doing a little clothes shopping at lunch. Q: what do you do when you can't fit into most of your clothes because of the ever-expanding junk in your trunk?  A: you buy several pairs of the "skinny jeans" all the cool kids are wearing that fit like leggings and have bright stitching all over the back pockets.  At least, that's what you do if your judgment is impaired due to a painful nerve disorder. Or you're a Kardashian.  My money might have been better spent on a neon sign flashing, "Hey everyone, look at my rear end!"  The good news?  They are relatively stylish and because of the lycra, they are very comfortable.  And once I've got this licked and am back to my normal exercise routine, they should look much better.

I will have more to tell you tomorrow about the mechanics of RSD and my upcoming nerve block, but you've earned a break.  Enjoy the Super Bowl (at least the commercials) and I'll leave you with a video, in honor of my skinny jeans and the upcoming Olympic couples figure skating competition...



No comments:

Post a Comment