Sunday, February 9, 2014

2/9/14. The post where I remind everyone how lucky I am.

2/9/14: another good day.  Stayed in  the 6-6.5 range all day.  In the pre-RSD days, that would have meant "stay home from work, icing foot and waiting for doctor's office to open." In the post-RSD days, that means, "dance on the rooftop, packing in as much activity as possible before things get worse."  

Today was a pretty action-packed day.  It started with church and time spent with my choir friends.  Then lunch with family, a block party with neighbors, and a dinner feast and cocktail pairings prepared by close friends.  Wow!  On days like today, regardless of how my foot feels, it's easy to remind myself that I'm a very lucky girl.  Days like today are also what get me through the not-so-good days.

Another cold front comes in tonight, which lingered in the back of my mind as I enjoyed the beautiful day.  The only constant right now seems to be that cold weather is not good.  And this time I don't think I'll get a snow day reprieve.  Time to put on my big girl pants. And socks. And sweater. And extra socks. And gloves.  It's only for two days.  I can do this.  I'm a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment