Sunday, February 16, 2014

2/16/14. The post that is not as fun as the last few.

2/16/14: woke up at a 7 this morning and got progressively worse as the day wore on.  This is one of those days where I try to keep my mind occupied and hope it is over quickly.  I didn't want to write a post today - it's much more fun to write when I feel good.   But these are the days it's most important to write.  

Not only did I not want to write, I really didn't want to do anything.  But doing nothing is even worse, so I went about my business. I tried doing my PT exercises. I tried walking to pick up the mail.  I tried a stiff drink. I tried concentrating intently on the Olympics. I tried elevating my foot.  I tried elevating it even higher.  No luck.  I've been hanging out at a 9-9.5 most of the evening.  But I know from experience that it can be worse, so I'm trying to stay positive and hope it has peaked.  My patient, long-suffering husband is doing his very best to keep me entertained, so I'm doing my very best to be entertained. 

A very perceptive friend of mine recently said to me, "I bet you're getting tired of being a good sport about this."  Yes, I guess I am.  But the alternative doesn't seem too good, either.  So for the time being, I'll continue being a good sport.  Don't worry, I'll give you fair warning if that changes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment