Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12/10/14. The post where I curse humid days.

12/10/14:  my foot started to feel worse last night on the way home from class, but I chalked it up to a long day and being tired.  I haven't really had time to pay attention to the weather forecast and so I didn't realize a humid, rainy front was on its way in.  By this morning, it was a little more obvious.  I took my walk, but my foot was really red and splotchy afterward, and it felt bad all day.

I changed programs this morning, but it wasn't very effective, and by now I didn't expect it to be.  I think I have this this figured out, and unfortunately, it looks like rain is going to be an issue.  At least I don't live in a place where that happens very often.  

Between a long work day and choir practice, the day went quickly.  On a positive note, my weight loss program has been a little more successful recently.  How can that be during the holiday season, you ask? Because green chile cheese fries are not a traditional holiday treat.  When it comes to sweets, I have superhuman willpower.  But if co-workers brought plates of truffled macaroni and cheese every morning instead of cookies and fudge, I'd be in big trouble.  I'm still almost five pounds away from a new pair of shoes, but I'm finally making steady progress.  In retrospect, that stomach bug got me started on the right path.  Not that I recommend it as a weight loss tool. But to quote from "The Devil Wears Prada" (since I couldn't find a video clip), "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."  

No comments:

Post a Comment