Tuesday, December 2, 2014

12/2/14. The post where I do something interesting.

12/2/14: it was a cold morning, so I rode the trainer instead of walking.  And it felt pretty good.  I'm liking this new stimulator program.  My work day started before I left the house with a call from a colleague needing assistance.  Any time a call begins with, "So, the thing I'm worried about is...", I know it is going to be a long day.  And it was.  

I was able to sneak out at lunch for a manicure ("OPI, Ink." from the Night Brights collection), but it took the rest of the day to resolve the work issue.  I finished up just in time to meet my patient, long-suffering husband and some of our visiting musicians for a quick dinner before doing something very interesting.

I took an acting class tonight.  Taught by a real actor.  For privacy reasons, I won't share his name, but he is a character actor best known for movie and TV work in the 80s who still acts regularly.  He and my patient, long-suffering husband have recently become friends and he offered to let me try out a class to see if I wanted to start taking lessons.  And tonight was the night.

I wasn't really "taking" the class so much as I was auditing it.  It was a group class and they were already into week four, so I watched them do a series of warmups and then rehearse scenes they have been working on for several weeks.  All of this was interspersed with musings by our actor friend, who was trained in Method Acting.  As you might imagine, he had some very interesting stories to tell and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I am seriously considering taking lessons.  Because you know what I need? Another three hour weekday evening commitment.  As you already know from reading my blogs, good judgment is not always one of my strong suits.  But I think it might be a good creative outlet and who knows? I could be the next Big Thing.  As long as I can find a role calling for a short, slightly overweight 40-something female with a nerve disorder and an implanted medical device. (And a self-deprecating sense of humor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment