Tuesday, December 30, 2014

12/30/14. The post where I share happy news.

12/30/14: left the resort yesterday morning for the two-hour drive to visit my parents-by-love.  We spent the afternoon having a late Christmas celebration, watching football, and doing some shopping.  They have citrus trees on their property, so we also spent some time peeling and juicing oranges.  We are drying the peels for one of our kitchen science experiments, and the juice?  For mimosas, of course.  (Vitamin C has been shown to help prevent flare ups and the spread of CRPS after injuries, so I take supplements every day.)  A few mimosas are just what the doctor ordered.  Well, maybe not exactly what the doctor ordered, but close enough.

I am very fortunate when it comes to my patient, long-suffering husband's parents.  They are kind, loving people who accepted me immediately, and we have lots of fun every time we are together.  This visit is going to be even more special, because my parents are flying in this morning to meet us!  This will be their first "real" trip since Mom's diagnosis back in March.  We have some fun activities planned for the next few days, but mostly we will just enjoy spending time together in a place that doesn't involve doctors, needles, or jello.  

My foot feels pretty good, but I still have the stimulator set to warp level 7. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-cOsbIv2iA
I don't have time for any issues right now.  Too much life to be lived.  



No comments:

Post a Comment