Sunday, December 21, 2014

12/21/14. The post where I start to think maybe my health monitor isn't so smart.

12/21/14:  finally got a good night's sleep and woke up feeling refreshed.  It was a good thing, because it was a crazy day, much more crazy than I expected.  I spent the morning doing chores around the house until it was time for church.  After that, the day was a blur.  Choir practice, church, attending a concert, administrative work at church for the music series, then a holiday get-together with neighbors.  By the time I finally got home, my foot was a red, swollen mess.  

With the cool, humid weather this week, I've been riding my bike on the trainer most mornings.  My health monitor is not impressed.  It thinks I am not burning calorie and constantly admonishes me about my lack of activity.  Of course, it also thinks I am sleeping any time I pay close attention to something for any length of time - be it a concert, a sermon, a movie, a teacher.  I'm starting to figure out that my health monitor mighty not be as smart as it thinks it is.  After a week of cycling, my clothes are fitting a little better and my weight is starting to drop again.  I think maybe I'll stick with the cycling for the next few days, regardless of what my health monitor thinks.  

The next few days will be filled with activity.  (I know, you're thinking, "What else is new?")  Another day and a half of work, some rehearsals for Christmas Eve services, and parties.  Lots of parties.  I'm hoping my foot will hold out for a few more days, because starting Thursday, I'll get a break for awhile. I'll check in when I can, but more importantly, I'll keep cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment