Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12/16/14. The post where I learn a new profession.

12/16/14:  the clouds cleared out this morning, which made it less humid, but also colder.  My foot felt a little better, and I decided to ride the trainer inside instead of walking.  That was probably a good idea.  I felt better all day - whether it was the weather, my choice of exercise, or a combination of the two, I'm not sure.  But I'll take it.  I still have a big red bone bruise on my hand, but I don't think I did any serious damage, which is a relief.  It would be a pretty sad state of affairs if I can't be trusted with handbells.

I had a mid-morning pedicure appointment and as I drove there from work, I found my car completely surrounded on the freeway by four UPS trucks, which I figured meant either: a) it is nearly Christmas, or b) I was about to be kidnapped by a well-organized criminal gang.  I made it to my appointment, so it must have been a).  Since the holiday season is upon us, I went with something fancy - "My Signature is DC" from OPI's Coca Cola collection, with a glittery top coat of "My Favorite Ornament" from their Holiday collection.  My manicurist suggested that this sparkly combination deserved a blog photo, so here you go:


You can also see that my foot looks pretty good today.  I'm enjoying it while it lasts - another cold, rainy front comes in tomorrow morning.

I had to leave work again in the afternoon for a year-end appointment with our financial advisor.  Our semi-annual reminder that we don't have enough finances on which to be advised.  But no worries, because my acting class tonight was a business class, all about résumés, head shots, agents, makeup, auditions - all the things an actor needs to make a living.  Mind you, I have not yet done any actual acting in this class. But as soon as I do, I feel certain fame and fortune will follow quickly.  I just hope it happens before the next meeting with our financial advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment