Wednesday, March 11, 2015

3/11/15. The post where I say some things I didn't say yesterday.

3/11/15:  in my goofy state yesterday, I failed to say a few things I meant to say.  So here they are, in no particular order (because I'm still a little goofy).  

My patient, long-suffering husband had an appointment with his weight loss doctor yesterday and she proclaimed him ready to transition back to "real" food, since he has lost 30 pounds and is well within the healthy weight range for his height.  Ever the overachiever, he told her he wanted to lose more and convinced her to let him stay on the liquid diet for one more month.  In addition to having amazing self-control when it comes to this diet, he's also very persuasive.  

I will admit to being at least slightly concerned about the CRPS spreading to my jaw or face as a result of this injury.  For that reason, I am not using ice.  As I may have mentioned in previous posts, there is some evidence that icing an injury can cause the spread of CRPS in a person who already has it, and that it can inhibit healing/remission.  While icing it might decrease my current level of discomfort, I'm just not willing to take the chance.  In addition, I have increased my vitamin C intake, which has been linked to preventing the spread of CRPS.  (It also means I shouldn't have to worry about getting scurvy anytime soon.)

I am starting to realize how much my acting class means to me, and not just as a way to hone my skills.  I got some really touching notes from classmates yesterday wishing me well, and my acting coach and the class organizer left me a sweet and funny voice mail message today to cheer me up.  I guess there is a vulnerability in making a fool of yourself in front of a group of people that encourages a certain closeness.  In any event, they are very supportive and I'm really glad to be involved with them.

So, now on to today.  I ignored my doctor's advice to rest today.  (In hindsight, I guess I have ignored most of her advice. I am a terrible patient.)  I went to work to finish up interviews, which were a big success, so I think I made the right decision.  After work, I got my hair cut and colored in hopes of encouraging Spring to...well...spring.  You know you have a great hair stylist when you can say, "I still want it to be red, but I am also excited about Spring," and she knows exactly what you mean and executes it flawlessly. I came home to find my patient, long-suffering husband had moved our garden back outside.  Because he is the best. 

In my defense, I did rest this evening.  With the encouragement of my choir director (good thing I'm married to him), I skipped rehearsal tonight.  I don't think I could have moved my jaw enough to sing anyway.  

My sweet mom had a big day today.  She had a biopsy of a "suspicious" lymph node.  I imagine it looks something like this: 



The procedure went well and we should have the result in about 48 hours.  Here's hoping her doctor is overly cautious.  






No comments:

Post a Comment