Wednesday, March 25, 2015

3/25/15. The post where I get an unpleasant surprise.

3/25/15: today was about as normal as it gets.  Didn't spend enough time sleeping last night, but that is nothing unusual.  Took my walk and went to work, where I had a rare quiet catch-up day in the office.  The weather was beautiful, so I rode around all day with the top down, despite the spring pollen in the air.  Hope I don't regret that.

I got home from work early enough to actually cook a little something for my dinner before choir rehearsal, which was a welcome change from the foraging I've been doing for the last few weeks.  We ate outside on the patio again.  My patient, long-suffering husband is on the countdown to the end of the "liquid" portion of his diet.  In about two weeks, he will begin the slow transition back to solid foods.  He has already lost about 35 pounds and looks amazing.  Now the pressure is on for me.  I am on a roll, though, and I hope to keep the numbers on the scale moving in the right direction.

While in general the weather forecast for the next week is great, a brief storm system is supposed to roll through for a few hours in the early morning.  I was disappointed by this news, because it means I may be back on the trainer instead of walking in the morning, but I didn't expect it to affect me physically.  In the late afternoon and evening, though, I started to notice some ramping up, and when I got home from rehearsal and took off my shoes, my toes were completely red and a little swollen.  But here's the inexplicable part - it was the toes on my left foot.  Admittedly, my left foot has hurt a little this week, which I've chalked up to the walking regime, but this threw me for a loop.  The color on my CRPS foot was fine, although it doesn't feel fine.  It took more than an hour of sitting with both feet propped up to bring the color of my left foot completely back to normal. 

By mid-morning, the sun should be out again, with no rain in the forecast for nearly a week.  It's not time to panic yet.  While I can't explain what happened, for the moment I am going to presume it is an isolated incident and hope it doesn't happen again.  But maybe missing the walk in the morning won't be such a bad thing, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment