Monday, March 23, 2015

3/23/15. The post where it feels like spring.

3/23/15: today seemed like a real spring day.  I walked again before work.  It's good that I've been able to ride my trainer during the bad weather, but to regain my pre-CRPS muscle tone and stamina (presuming that is possible), I really need to be out walking in the hills again.  And then biking in the hills.  One step at a time, though.  (Get it? One "step" at a time? When I'm referring to walking? I crack myself up.)  The walk felt pretty good both yesterday and this morning, and I am nearly back up to my former speed.  My foot is a little cranky tonight and I suspect it is from the walking, but I hope that will decrease as I regain strength.  And it may not all be CRPS-related.  Frankly, my other foot is also sore, as are my hips, but it is a "good" kind of sore, the kind you expect when you restart an exercise program after a period of inactivity.  So at this point, I am not too concerned.

The best part of my day?  Picking up my patient, long-suffering husband at the airport after a long week apart.  The weather was beautiful, there were wildflowers everywhere, and we were together, so we enjoyed the drive back home despite the horrendous traffic.  We ate dinner on the patio and drove to handbell practice with the top down on the car.  Order has been restored to the universe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment