Saturday, March 21, 2015

3/21/15. The post where I manage to keep it together.

3/21/15: ...and I'm back.  Whew.  It's been a rough week.  As usual, much of it was my own doing, so I don't deserve to complain about it.  And there was a lot of good with the bad.  But the most important thing (in my opinion) is that I kept it together.  No breakdowns, no tantrums, no regrets.  

On Thursday, I traded my four-legged houseguest for a couple of two-legged ones, and the week of ups and downs culminated with a concert last night. A beautiful concert, punctuated with dramatic readings by my acting coach.  It was a stormy, miserable day and I feared no one would be there to see it, which would have been a real shame.  But my fears were unfounded.  People came, and they were not disappointed. I had a reception afterward for the musicians and friends that helped make the concert happen, which was a great way to unwind after the difficult week.  We stayed up way too late, and my house guests had a very early flight this morning, which is not always a winning combination.  But even though I am not as young as I used to be, I am still young enough to do that every now and then.

Which is a good thing, because today was my celebration day.  No chores, no work, no obligations.  A fun trip to the wine country with friends, stopping wherever we wanted to stop, eating whatever we wanted to eat, and enjoying the (cool rainy) day.  Exactly what I needed.  The only thing missing was my patient, long-suffering husband, whose concert is tomorrow. But I can make it.  We're in the home stretch.  He'll be back Monday afternoon. Which, coincidentally, is when the sun is scheduled to reappear.  My awesome rain boots have gotten a serious workout over the last few weeks and I'm hoping to put them away for a couple of days.  

My foot has behaved remarkably well during this time, although last night it started acting out a little, and my jaw is feeling much better.  Tomorrow I plan to try singing with the choir again and then I have lunch with a friend, so it should be a good test of whether I should consider my jaw healed.  I plan to get significantly more sleep tonight than last night, which should certainly help.  Thanks for being patient with me for a few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment