Thursday, March 5, 2015

3/5/15. The post where I have an interesting experience.

3/5/15: my foot pain forecast was more accurate than the weather forecast, but only slightly.  Apparently, the rain stopped about 14 seconds before the temperature dipped below freezing, so the ice did not materialize.  The good news for me is that our office had already made the decision to close until noon, because for me, whether or not there was ice was irrelevant.  It was the temperature that was an issue.  I slept fitfully, but was able to stay in bed much of the morning, which helped immensely. 

The sun finally came out this afternoon, which was a welcome change, although it was still miserably cold.  I spent the afternoon in the office writing legislation based on yesterday's workgroup meeting.  You know, just a typical day.  After work, I picked up my patient, long-suffering husband and we went to an outing arranged for my acting class.

We went to a local theater to see a musical written by a local playwright.  All I can say about it is....ooooohhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy.  The "musical" consisted of a bunch of electronica songs performed by three gyrating women in space costumes.  Whatever you are imagining right now, multiply it by about 100 and you should have it just about right.  It was certainly an interesting experience.  It gave our acting class a lot to talk about afterward and it was definitely a confidence booster.  And my patient, long-suffering husband earned some serious brownie points.

My foot is feeling better tonight.  The appearance of the sun helped.  We are forecast for a couple of nice days before the rain returns, so I am feeling hopeful for the weekend.  And the best thing about today?  My sweet baby niece had her first birthday.  Although we live far apart and I didn't get to see her in person, her parents sent pictures all day, which was the next best thing.  Any day you see a picture of a baby whose face is covered in chocolate cake is a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment