Sunday, March 15, 2015

3/15/15. The post where I rest a little more.

3/15/15: I skipped my middle of the night dose of muscle relaxant so I could get up and go to church this morning to sell tickets between services for an upcoming concert.  And things were going okay until I got there.  It still really hurts to talk, but it is just not in my DNA to be unfriendly.  So of course, I immediately started talking to people.  And things went downhill rapidly.  My patient, long-suffering husband and my BFFs conspired to take over for me so I could go back home and take my meds.

Apparently, it doesn't take long to build up a tolerance.  While I was still pretty groggy the rest of the day, I never fell asleep.   My patient, long-suffering husband had to make a day trip after church for a concert, so I spent most of the rest of the day alone, which was good for my jaw.  The only thing worse than talking right now is chewing, so I've tried to stick with softer foods.  Frankly, I haven't been very hungry anyway, which has been good for my diet.  In fact, I was too out of it to mention this yesterday, but I GET TO BUY NEW SHOES!  Friday, I hit the 10 pounds lost mark and completed my weight loss challenge.  The only person as happy about that as me is my friend who did the challenge with me and lost her 10 pounds months ago.  I have already decided, though, that after one shoe-buying spree, I am going on another challenge.  Ten more pounds will get me to what I weighed three years ago, when I thought I needed to lose five pounds.  Right now, I would be thrilled with that weight.  So, I'd better make the upcoming shoe purchase count, because it may be the last pair I get to buy for a long time.  

I think I have finally turned a corner and my jaw is not getting any worse.  I am planning to make it through the entire workday tomorrow, knowing that I have no evening obligations, so I can come home and take my medicine and rest all evening if necessary.  Don't tell my foot that, though.  It's still behaving pretty well, and I don't want it to see its chance to retake center stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment