Sunday, July 20, 2014

7/20/14. The post where I overthink things.

7/21/14: slept pretty well again last night, although my health monitor did not believe me.  Every now and then it gets confused.  It thought I was sleeping while I was watching the Tour de France last night and while I was running the slideshow in church this morning.  (I promise, Mom, I was not sleeping n church.  There are at least 100 people who can vouch for me. If I had been sleeping, they would not have been able to follow the service.)  At least it only showed me as being in light sleep and not deep sleep.  Apparently I need to move around more.

I also felt pretty good again today.  I did another long walk without much pain, although my foot did turn red.  I had a few more instances of pain breaking through today, but increasing the amplitude or changing the program on the stimulator still does the trick quite nicely.  I'm surprised at how much my back still hurts where the wires are inserted.  I expected to get over that more quickly.  

The stimulator is working so well that I am starting to dread having it removed on Thursday.  I know it will take some time to schedule the permanent implant and I am not looking forward to going back to pre-stimulator pain levels while I wait.  Nor am I looking forward to the recovery time after the implant.  (But do you know what I am looking forward to?  A shower.)  I have quite a talent for overthinking things.  I should just enjoy this brief respite while it lasts and appreciate the fact that I appear to have found a longer-term solution.  I'll try to do that for the next few days.  In the meantime, if you are looking for me, I'll be the one dancing around and moving my arms wildly so my health monitor knows I am awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment