Friday, July 25, 2014

7/25/14. The post where my foot remembers it hurts.

7/25/14: today was a Wide World of Sports kind of day.  "The thrill of victory...the agony of defeat."  (In case you are too young to remember it, this is what I mean.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Asxr5v9arH4)  I slept decently, but when my alarm went off, I woke up in shock at how much my foot hurt.  It's amazing how quickly you can forget.  Thinking about it objectively, it wasn't any worse than it was before the stimulator, but after a week of feeling good, it certainly seemed worse.  I had to give myself a serious pep talk just to get out of bed.  

On the plus side, my lower back felt much better.  I have a pretty gnarly bruise, which may explain why it hurt so much during the trial, but it improved as soon as the wires were gone.  I did not try to do my walk this morning.  I'll try it this weekend.  But I was able to stretch, bend, and take the stairs.  On the super-duper plus side, I took my first shower for a week!  I survived the last week by washing my hair in the sink and using wet wipes.  A few days ago, my friend brought me some samples of a new (fancy) wet wipe, which was grapefruit-scented.  I much preferred smelling like grapefruit to smelling like baby.  After my shower today, I smelled like...well, whatever I normally smell like.  Not sure exactly what that is, but I imagine it is more pleasant than grapefruit or baby.  

On the plussiest of plus sides (pretty sure I just made up a new word there), my patient, long-suffering husband came home today.  After the world events of the last week, I spent a very uncomfortable afternoon at work obsessively checking the news to make sure there were no reports of new plane tragedies.  Thankfully, he returned safely (and on time).  We celebrated with a pot of mussels, a bottle of French Chablis, and an evening of saved episodes of the Tour de France.  

Looking forward to a nice weekend.  Other than a fun family birthday dinner, not much on the agenda.  My foot was at a 4-5 much of the day, but it increased to a 6 in the evening and got red and swollen again.  I'll do my best to take it easy over the weekend and see if that helps.  Hoping for more thrill of victory than agony of defeat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment