Monday, July 21, 2014

7/21/14. The post where I get dizzy.

7/21/14:  didn't sleep quite as well last night, but it wasn't because of my foot.  I think my body may have been confused after several nights of good sleep.  In any event, I woke up feeling rested and took my walk.  

Last night, I noticed I was feeling a little lightheaded.  When I got to work this morning, I was still dizzy and it got worse as the day progressed.  After calling my medical device contact to be sure it could not be an effect of the stimulator, I decided it was probably the antibiotic and left a message for my doctor.  I heard back from him later in the afternoon verifying that it was likely a result of the antibiotic.  Since I only have two days left of the trial (time flies when you're having fun) and I don't have any sign of infection, he told me to discontinue taking it.

Darn.  I so enjoyed taking a pill as big as my thumb twice a day.  Having to plan my dairy and vitamin intake around them and avoid being out in the sunlight was also a joy.  The nausea and dizziness were just an added bonus.  But I guess I should listen to my doctor.

My patient, long-suffering husband is going through his own medical tribulation right now with a herniated disk in his lower back.  He started physical therapy this morning, just in time to get on a plane tomorrow morning for a few days of music lessons with his long-time teacher.  He's left me in good hands, with a few friends to provide assistance until the end of the stimulator trial.  I just hope he is in good hands as well.  At this rate, we are going to need a full-time caretaker before the year is out.  Know anyone who works cheap?  And by "cheap", I mean free.

In the good news department, the stimulator still seems to be working on my foot.  Today was my first "normal" work day and I made it through the entire day without any major issues (other than being dizzy).  I have noticed that I am changing the amplitude and programs a little more each day, which I guess is the point of having all the options.  And I am on battery number three.  The permanent device works differently, so they assure me I won't spend the rest of my life changing batteries every other day.  Although I guess it would be a small price to pay.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat a piece of cheese and take a bunch of vitamins to celebrate the end of the antibiotics.

1 comment:

  1. Well, as Roseanne Roseannadanna says "Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something—if it ain't one thing, it's another."

    ReplyDelete