Tuesday, July 29, 2014

7/29/14. The post where I confirm my theory...I think.

7/29/14: put more cream on before going to bed last night and slept pretty well.  I woke up feeling a lot better.  I thought about skipping the walk completely today, but then I remembered I have a pair of shoes riding on dropping ten pounds, so instead I decided to slow it down and walk a shorter distance.  This morning, it did hurt less when I slowed down, which was encouraging.  

Once again I spent most of the day in the 4-5 range. The time passed surprisingly quickly and before I knew it, the work day was over. I worked on some paperwork this evening for an informal hearing tomorrow on the property tax appraisal for my home.  I have never protested my property taxes before, but coincidentally, I discovered recently that the county has overestimated the size of our house in its records.  It is only off by about 200 square feet, but that is enough to cause it to be significantly overvalued compared to houses on our street with identical floor plans.  (Wish I had known this when we bought the house four years ago.)  

Sounds easy enough.  All I have to do is convince them of the correct square footage and we could save up to several K, which should just about cover the cost of my stimulator surgery.  Even-steven, right?  I'll let you know tomorrow if it works as well in reality as it does in theory. 

And speaking of theories, my foot felt better tonight than it did last night.  Still not as good as it felt during the day, but more like a 6-6.5.  I guess walking more slowly was a good idea. I guess I can walk more slowly for...I don't know...maybe about 38 more days?  

No comments:

Post a Comment