Wednesday, July 23, 2014

7/23/14. The post where I enjoy the last day of the trial.

7/23/14:  today was a repeat of the last few days - pretty good sleep and little foot pain.  I'm starting to get used to this.  Another good walk.  Here's a photo of a little guy I see most days I walk.  

He's not especially outgoing, but he'll sit still long enough for me to take a picture.

I wore heels to work again today.  Not huge spiky heels, but higher heels than I've worn in some time.  They felt great. (And they looked great, at least compared to my prescription shoes.)  My foot still turns red, but it doesn't hurt.  I suspect that will change after tomorrow.  Even if I can't wear my fun shoes for another few months, I got to wear two pairs this week, so it was a good week.  

It was a fairly quiet day at work.  I got to talk to Mom after her trip to the infusion center to start her seventh round of chemotherapy.  We're starting to count down now - just five more to go.  I'm already looking forward to the celebrating we are going to do in October after she finishes her last round.  

After work, I met some close friends for a marvelous evening of dinner, drinks, and fun.   I am constantly amazed by how lucky I am to have such a good support network.  This has been a difficult journey so far, but friends and family have made it so much easier.  I probably don't say thanks enough, so...thanks.

Tomorrow morning the trial is over and I have the lead wires removed.  I'm hoping my foot will reap the rewards from the trial for at least a little while longer.  In any case, the device rep is already working to get my permanent implant procedure scheduled.  Bless her.  I can handle anything for awhile.  (To quote my patient, long-suffering husband, I am "one tough broad."  Which is much easier to be when you know it is just temporary.)  Guess it's back to the prescription shoes for the time being.  But now I've had a taste of "normal" life, so I will be anxious to get back to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment