Thursday, July 3, 2014

7/3/14. The post where I am outwitted by my clothing.

7/3/14: didn't sleep well last night (64% sleep score), but I think I am over the jet lag.  This was just my normal not sleeping well.  My foot started the morning at about a 4, which has become the recent pattern.

Since it was effectively Casual Friday as far as the office was concerned, I decided to wear the wrap skirt I bought in Italy.  In a stroke of good luck (or maybe I just have too many clothes), I already owned a blouse, sandals, and jewelry that matched the skirt, so I had an instant ensemble.  I got out the skirt and realized it was like no other wrap skirt I've ever seen.  When I bought it, the shopkeeper explained how to put it on. Her explanation was about 1/3 English, 1/3 Italian, and 1/3 Charades, but I thought I understood.  Clearly, I did not.  After about 10 minutes of attempted wrapping, I gave up and went with plan B.  I guess I'll try to figure it out again sometime when I have a free afternoon.  Somewhere in Italy, a shopkeeper is laughing quietly to herself.

It was a pretty quiet day at work, with many people starting their holiday weekend early.  I came home after work to spend a little more quality time with the guest dog before my friends came home from their trip.  I've known myself my whole life, so I don't know why I was surprised that I bonded so quickly with the little guy and was so sad to see him go.  Good thing he's only 12 doors down and I know how to get into their house.  My friends may regret ever asking me to watch him.

Some thunderstorms moved in this evening, which may explain why my foot has been so unhappy.  It's been at about a 6-6.5 all night, which is also becoming a recent pattern.  While it's certainly better than the pre-Cymbalta pattern, I'm glad the spinal cord stimulator trial is coming up soon.  There was a very brief period after I started the Cymbalta when I considered postponing the trial.  That would have been a mistake.  Kind of like buying a skirt you aren't smart enough to wear.




No comments:

Post a Comment