Saturday, September 13, 2014

9/13/14. The post where my patient, long-suffering husband gives me a lift.

9/13/14: my mornings start late these days.  I take my pain medicine and antibiotic when I wake up and it usually takes an hour or more to get over the nausea.  Only a day and a half left of the antibiotic and I hope things will improve after that.  

The first thing on the agenda today was a manicure.  My drive to the doctor's office Thursday taught me that I should wait a little longer before driving again.  It was only about four blocks away from my house - two stop signs and one stop light. At the stop light, I had the following internal conversation:

Maybe I can just close my eyes for a minute...
NO! WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!
You're probably right. But it's a long light - maybe just thirty seconds...
NO, NO, NO! LET'S SING! LA, LA, LA...
Okay, that's enough. The light is green.
(WHEW...)

And it was raining today.  So my patient, long-suffering husband took me to my nail appointment.  ("A-Piers to be Tan" from the OPI San Francisco collection.)  That was my big outing for the day.  Nothing else on the agenda other than watching college football this evening.

By late afternoon, I was pretty down.  My mind is healing faster than my body, and I am full of ideas and plans that I can't realize.  I am also tapering off the Cymbalta now that it is no longer effective (or necessary), which is a good thing, but comes with its own side effects.  Two of which are bad dreams and night sweats, both of which I experienced last night.  Add in a gray rainy afternoon and I was in a sorry state, ready to spend the rest of the day on the couch in a catatonic funk. 

My patient, long-suffering husband was having none of it.  A quick trip to the store for ingredients to make queso, guacamole, and margaritas, my favorite band on the stereo while we fixed snacks, and suddenly we were having an intimate football watching party.  It was an exciting game and a very fun evening.  He gave me a lift today, both literally and figuratively.  Because he's awesome that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment