Wednesday, September 3, 2014

9/3/14. The post where I keep counting down.

9/3/14: it was a rough night and when the alarm went off this morning, it was clear I wouldn't be going on my walk.  It was a long morning of getting ready, with lots of breaks to rest and put my foot up.  By the time I was finally ready to leave, I had the pain back down to a 7.  And I was only an hour late to work.

I went to work and figured out a plan to get things caught up before I went on medical leave.  It was a very productive day and one more like it should be enough.  Afterward, I had a "strategy session" with some work friends, which involved work, but also lots of laughter and stories, not to mention wine.  

One more day.  A busy day of finishing things at work and home.  And then I'm ready to do this thing.  My foot steadily improved all day, and I suspect it will be good tomorrow in a vain attempt to keep the surgery from happening.  Kind of like the way your hair looks great the day you have an appointment to get it cut.  But guess what, foot? It's too late.  You had your chance to improve and you blew it.  So now I'm calling in the big guns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment