Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9/23/14. The post where I celebrate fall.

9/23/14: not nearly enough sleep last night, but it's my own fault.  I went to bed early, but got completely invested in the baseball game I was watching and stayed awake way too late.  I was really tired when the alarm went off this morning, but got up anyway and I'm glad I did.  In a bizarre coincidence, the first day of fall was unusually cool and my walk could not have been more pleasant.  So pleasant, in fact, that it lasted longer than I intended.  I was a little late to work, but I felt great.  My morning walks are a time where I work out issues and do long-term planning, and I didn't realize how much I have missed them.  I went to work feeling physically and mentally refreshed.

It was a good day at work.  We had a brief security scare, but nothing serious and it certainly made the day more interesting.  What shoes did I wear?  Funny you should ask, because I happen to have a picture.


I promise not to post shoe pictures every day.  But I probably will for awhile.  Wearing all these heels this week has made both of my feet a little sore.  Yes, sore.  And I love it.  My feet haven't felt sore in more than a year.  I'll take soreness over excruciating pain any day.  I haven't had to increase my programmer in several days, so I still have a long way to go. So far, so good.

The best part of the day?  My patient, long-suffering husband's evening meeting was postponed at the last minute, so we had a surprise date night.  We spent much of the evening sitting on a shady deck at one of our favorite local restaurants eating appetizers, drinking wine, and catching up.  Even though I was at home for two weeks, between our house guest and his rehearsals, we haven't  had much alone time together and it felt wonderful to reconnect.  

I resolve to get to sleep earlier tonight and make another long walk tomorrow.  So far, I like fall pretty well.  I hope it stays around for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment