Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/24/14. The post where I barely stop to catch my breath.

9/24/14:  a good walk again this morning.  It was another cool, breezy morning and I felt like I could have walked twice as long.  I am walking two miles again, but I haven't gone back to my pre-CRPS hilly course yet.  I'll wait until I am officially cleared for takeoff.  

It was a full day at work and then I went straight to my haircut appointment.  Now my hair is not only sassy, but also autumn-colored.  (Whatever that means.)  I got home from my appointment just in time to get in the car with my patient, long-suffering husband to go to choir practice, my first of the season.  I'm happy to report I did not forget how to sing during my time away.  I'm sad to report that my singing also didn't improve any during my time away.   

Since we missed dinner, we went out for a late meal with some of our choir friends after rehearsal and a fine time was had by all.  I had a really long day and my generator hip is definitely feeling the effects, but my foot isn't.  Every now and then I have what I have started calling a "stinger", where I get a small shock or spasm somewhere along the nerve that is vibrating.  I never know it is coming and I always react accordingly. So don't be surprised if I suddenly jump out of my chair and/or holler something mildly (or very) offensive.  

You will all be disappointed to learn that I failed to take a photo of my shoes today.  I assure you, they were fabulous.  Only fun shoes for me this week.  Once the newness has worn off, I may go back to comfy shoes, but if I do, it will be by choice.  I'm officially worn out by all the activity today, but it feels great.  I expect to sleep well tonight and get up and do it again tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment