Thursday, September 18, 2014

9/18/14. The post where I have a great day.

9/18/14: I slept well and woke up feeling quite good. (Except for the one time I rolled over onto my generator hip.  Ouch!)  I think my meds are finally back in order again. I reminded myself not to do too much today, but that is difficult when you are feeling good.  

I made a few small car trips today. Less than three miles each time, enough to convince me I can drive to work next week.  "To work????", you ask.  "I thought you were going to take it easy."  Yes, I know.  I have (as my friend pointed out last night) a bazillion hours of sick leave.  But here's my dirty secret.  I love my job.  Are there days I wish I could stay home?  Sure.  Are there days I go to work and hate it? You bet.  But I am a very lucky person.  I have a very fulfilling career, and I feel like the world is a better and safer place because I go to work every day.  To quote one of my favorite musicians (who is singing about his own job), "Our jobs are all jobs and sometimes they suck.  I love what I do and I've had pretty good luck."  I'm doing plenty of work at home, but I want to be there, in the middle of the fray.  Fortunately, one of my best friends works with me, and I know he won't let me do too much.  Sometimes being my friend takes a lot of work.  But it's worth it.  I think.

One of my trips was a brief shopping stint to buy some new work clothes.  I needed some things that would be comfortable right now, appropriate for work, and still wearable when the swelling is down, my incisions are healed, and I lose some weight. (That's me - always the optimist.)  I am now officially ready for work.  At least, ready to dress for work.  

The rest of the day was spent reading a book and eating sushi - my kind of day.  I guess tomorrow is my last official day of rest.  After that is weekend (and a concert) and then back to work.  I am really looking forward to getting back to life.  At least, I am right now.  Ask me again next Tuesday.






No comments:

Post a Comment