Sunday, September 28, 2014

9/28/14. The post where I buzz.

9/28/14: with all my frenzied organizational work yesterday, my foot started to get red and a little shiny (another sign of a flare up), and on the urging of my patient, long-suffering husband I turned up the stimulator for the first time in awhile.  I had to turn it up quite a bit to reverse the course.  Enough that I could feel the vibration down my entire leg.  Eventually the color subsided, but my foot still hurt, I did not turn the stimulator back down.  

I think I slept well, but my health monitor's website was undergoing maintenance and I couldn't download my results, so how can I know for sure?  I was a whirlwind of activity again today, singing with the choir in church for the first time this season, then spending the rest of the day performing various scientific experiments in the kitchen.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc

All the while, my leg continued to vibrate.  While it was a little distracting, I'll take it over the alternative any day.  The stimulator is still not even halfway up to its current maximum amplitude, and it can be adjusted to move even higher.  Right now I can't imagine how strange it would feel to have it at the maximum, but I suspect I will quickly develop a tolerance to it at increasing levels and if I ever get to the maximum, it probably won't feel much different than this does.  So far the stimulator has been a successful and interesting experiment.  Looking forward to seeing what the future holds, for both the stimulator experiment and my kitchen experiments.  Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment