Monday, January 12, 2015

1/12/15. The post where it doesn't warm up.

1/15/15: a fitful night's sleep.  For the first time in awhile, I had to sleep with my foot out of the covers and hanging over the side of the bed.  I also had a night filled with strange, unpleasant dreams, including one in which I distinctly recall saying, "I don't want to get eaten, and I don't want to eat anyone."  While I suppose that is a good general philosophy, it doesn't make for a restful night.

Another cold, wet day.  Sigh.  I continue to ride the trainer indoors, so at least I am getting some exercise.  I am officially over the current weather pattern.  I'll take warmer or drier - I'm not greedy.  I wasn't getting around very well today, but I was able to spend most of the day at my desk, so I don't think anyone noticed.  On a happy note, I talked to Mom today, and she sounded great.  So great that I could almost forget what she's been through over the past year.  Almost.  She bounced right back after the holiday trip and we're already planning our next trip.  

I got through handbell practice without too much trouble.  My patient, long-suffering husband is starting an official, medically-supervised weight loss program tomorrow, so we celebrated his "last supper" with a trip to our local sushi hangout.  We didn't have the heart to tell them it would be the last time they'll see us for a few months.  I'm hoping his hard work and sacrifice will have a residual effect on me as well.  As does my friend, who is waiting patiently for me to hold up my end of our weight loss pact so she can buy some shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment