Saturday, January 24, 2015

1/24/15. The post where we start a project.

1/24/15:  yesterday went quickly.  Lots of meetings at work and a quiet evening at home. The sun came back out and it was a beautiful day.  I also did a better job of changing programs on the stimulator and my foot felt better.  I was exhausted after a few long nights and fell asleep before 9pm, a world record for me.  

I woke up feeling refreshed today and we put together an action plan for the day.  I had a manicure appointment this morning ("Warm Me Up" from OPI's 2013 Holiday Collection) and then we spent much of the day checking items off our shopping list.  We drove all over the city...literally.  North, south, east, and west.  But we had a lot of unusual items to buy, and we managed to find them all.

Then it was home to start our project.  Remember back around the holidays when we were peeling and drying oranges and grapefruit while visiting family?  Well, this weekend we are turning them into homemade bitters.  (For those of you wondering what bitters are, here's a little info: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitters.)  Along with some lemons from the little bush we have in our garden.  Even though my patient, long-suffering husband can't eat or drink anything but his approved shakes right now, he is still up for kitchen projects and we had fun this evening putting everything together.  The finished product will be ready in two weeks and he will be able to sample some in his sparkling water, so it will be a small treat for him.  It was another beautiful day and I changed the stimulator program a couple of times to keep my foot happy.  This plan seems to be working better.  Or it could be the nicer weather.  Or maybe a combination of the two.  I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as it's working.  

One last fun piece of information...a close friend just returned from a long business trip to China and told me my blog site is forbidden there!  I feel so subversive...

No comments:

Post a Comment