Monday, January 19, 2015

1/19/15. The post where the weekend ends with a whimper.

1/19/15:  we were both off today in observance of MLK day, and I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish at home.  I am fairly certain cleaning out the pantry and taking down Christmas lights were not part of Dr. King's dream, but I did feel a sense of accomplishment afterward.  It was a lonely workday, because my patient, long-suffering husband was under the weather.  He started coughing on Friday, but managed to make it through his concert and into Sunday morning before he really started to get sick.   

We both had eye doctor appointments this afternoon, and he managed to get himself together enough to go.  This was another one of my medical catch-up activities.  My eyes had not gotten too much worse in the extra year I waited between appointments, but it was enough that I will have to get new glasses, or at least new lenses.  We're only three weeks into January and I have already checked off two of my lingering medical requirements.  Unfortunately, they were the two easy ones. I'm not looking forward to the rest, but I am going to try to arrange one appointment a month for the next few months and I hope to have a clean bill of health by summer.

It was a quiet evening.  My patient, long-suffering husband is now officially running a fever and my foot is miserable.  This is the worst it has felt since I got the stimulator, and the most frustrating part is that I have no idea why.  I've spent the weekend changing programs and amplitudes, with no luck.  Not a very happy way to end a warm, sunny long weekend.  Here's hoping for a better tomorrow.  Which I am fairly certain was a part of Dr. King's dream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment