Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1/13/15. The post where I talk about my blog.

1/13/15:  it was still miserably cold today, but at least it didn't rain.  Small mercies.  I had to turn up the stimulator again, so I am back in the uncomfortable vibrating zone, but it did help my foot feel better.  Friday is supposed to be significantly warmer, so I hope there is an end in sight.

I woke up this morning to a wonderful gift in my email inbox.  A very nice person, who before today was unknown to me, left a kind and encouraging comment on a blog post I wrote back in October.  The comment reminded me of the two main reasons I write this blog - to keep a written record of how I am feeling on any given day for medical (and sanity) reasons, and to provide encouragement to others who might be going through similar issues.  Every now and then I get comments from readers, and it is always a pleasant surprise to see that people are reading it who aren't related to me by blood, marriage, friendship, or profession.  I've been writing for about a year, and without me noticing, the blog has snuck up to more than 12,000 page views since I started writing it.  For the most part, I suspect the same 30-40 people are viewing it every day, but even so...wow!  Every now and then I thank you for sticking with me, but I don't do it often enough.  So, thank you.

I had acting class tonight and I unveiled a new scene my partner and I have been rehearsing.  As I'm sure you are expecting, I was perfectly prepared and performed exactly as I intended.  And while our coach was complimentary, he asked us to do it over again in a completely different style.  And he much preferred the second version, which floored me because I thought it was awful.  But he makes a living acting and I don't, so what do I know?  Apparently this acting thing is going to be a little tougher than I expected.  We are filming our scenes next week, so I see a lot more rehearsal in my immediate future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment