Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1/27/15. The post where my day is not great, but good enough.

1/27/15: the new stimulator program worked its magic in the night and I was feeling better this morning. Not great, but good enough. So Super Girl sprang back into action, banishing Whiny Girl to a place far away, and while I (and fans everywhere) hope she never returns, I can't completely rule out a sequel someday.

The change came just in time, because it was a beautiful day.  While I had to spend much of the day in the office, I did have a meeting off-campus and I took the opportunity to put the top down on the car and enjoy the drive.  There are many days I wonder whether it made sense to buy a convertible.  This was not one of those days.

This evening was the last of this round of acting classes.  No actual work tonight, just watching the final videos of the scenes we filmed in previous weeks.  Since I started the class late and only filmed a single scene, it was late in the evening before we got to mine, and as the night wore on I began to dread watching my scene more and more.  But when we finally got to it, it was better than I expected. Not great, but good enough.  Classes start again in a few weeks and I am still trying to decide whether I want to continue, but watching the video may have tipped the scales in favor of continuing.  All part of my coach's evil scheme, I'm sure.

Today was weigh-in day for my patient, long-suffering husband and he lost another seven pounds this week, bringing his total to 14 pounds in two weeks!  My two week weight loss total?  Three pounds.  Not great, but good enough.  Moving steadily in the right direction for a change.  I'm starting to imagine buying shoes again someday, although I should probably focus on spring/summer styles.  


No comments:

Post a Comment