Friday, January 9, 2015

1/9/15. The post where it is cold.

1/9/15:  no ice this morning, just bitter cold.  I bundled up as warmly as possible before heading to work.  I went to the dentist this morning for some preventative maintenance.   I wasn't looking forward to getting out again in the cold, but I was glad to get it over with.  I let a lot of things go in 2014 while I was dealing with my foot, and now it is time to play catch-up on general medical issues.  I just checked one thing off the list.  One down, lots to go...

My foot didn't feel very good today, but frankly, my whole body didn't feel very good today.  It was cold enough that I felt every bit of my age and then some.  Every joint hurt, so my foot didn't seem that bad.  It's a good thing that I live in a place that is generally warm.  

My patient, long-suffering husband left his car with the dealer today for at least two weeks' worth of paint and body work.  Once again, I am thankful for car insurance.  While it would have been nice to start the year without more broken stuff, for once it appears that we can get something fixed without breaking the bank.  I hope I'm not speaking too soon.  

We had another quiet evening tonight, with another chance of ice in the morning.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder.  We have a lot of activity planned for the weekend.  Or maybe I'll just burrow under the covers all day and try to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment