Wednesday, January 14, 2015

1/14/15. The post where I talk more about acting.

1/14/15: one more day of miserable cold and drizzle.  (And by the way, when I talk about "miserable cold", be aware that I am a total wimp.  The high today was about 41 degrees.  I am aware that this would be considered a heat wave in some parts of the country.  Which is why I can't live in those parts of the country.)  No high heels today - just comfortable boots and warm tights to try to keep my foot from getting worse.  To be sure, I am feeling exponentially better than I was this time last year, but I've been up around a 5 the last few days.  Even with the stimulator at warp factor 7.  The high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be nearly 15 degrees warmer than today and I have more than a passing curiosity as to whether I will bounce right back.  

I spent much of the day still puzzling over my acting class last night.  I have been thinking about stage vs. screen acting (and my respect for people who can master both types), LA vs. New York, comedy vs. drama, a writer's intent vs. an actor's or director's interpretation, and most of all, whether any of it is relevant to my life (probably not).  In an interesting coincidence, I came across an article randomly late last night that tied in directly with my ponderings.  Even more coincidentally, it discussed a movie called "Cake" starring Jennifer Aniston as a woman dealing with chronic pain.  The movie is set for nationwide release soon, and the chronic pain community has been abuzz about it for several months.  (You probably didn't realize there is a "chronic pain community".  Well, there is.  And I assure you, we're abuzz about the movie.)  Rather than try to explain the article, I'll just give you a link to it.  http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/oscars-go-bad-performances?mbid=social_facebook. Don't feel obligated to slog through the article.  It is probably only interesting if you are a person with CRPS who happened to have a weird experience in an acting class within the last few days.  Which I imagine is a fairly small subset of the general population.




No comments:

Post a Comment