Monday, January 5, 2015

1/5/15. The post where go back to work.

1/5/15: not enough sleep for the last night before going back to work, but I managed to drag myself up this morning and ride my bike on the trainer. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that in all my holiday debuachery I had only gained half a pound, so I decided to get back on the diet wagon and see if I can keep making progress.  Because eventually I want to be able to buy a pair of shoes again.

It was a busy catch-up day at work, but I got through it.  And I only had two employees crying in my office, so I considered it a success.  Some of my work is cyclical, and I am about two weeks away from starting a really busy four-to-five month cycle. This will be the first such cycle I've gone through since my diagnosis, so I am trying to stay as far ahead of the game as I can.  So far, so good.

When we drove through the remains of the ice storm on Saturday, there was a lot of debris in the road.  Rather than using sand or salt to de-ice the road, it appears the highway department used gravel and broken glass, so in addition to a filthy car, we came home with a ding in the windshield.  And when my patient, long-suffering husband took his car to the car wash today to remove the layer of icy road grime, he made a more gruesome discovery.  There are hundreds of chips in the paint all over the front third of the car and the front headlight covers are completely dinged up.  The hood feels like a cheese grater when you run your hand over it.  Thank goodness for insurance.  For the price of our (relatively low) deductible, the windshield and headlight covers will be replaced, half the car will be repainted, and my patient, long-suffering husband will get a free rental car while the work is being done.  While it's not what we'd hoped to be doing with a three month old car, it could be worse.  Much worse.  Much, much worse.  

My foot didn't feel great today, but it didn't feel horrible, either.  And I turned down the amplitude on the stimulator yesterday (because it was driving me nuts) without it getting appreciably worse.   It's pretty cold this week, and we are forecast for quite a bit of rain over the weekend, so we'll see how it goes.  I have a doctor appointment in a couple of weeks, and I suspect I'll have lots of information to share with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment