Thursday, January 8, 2015

1/8/15. The post where I have a night off.

1/8/15: not enough sleep last night, but I had a pretty good day.  Near the end of the day, everyone at work started to panic about the incoming cold front.  It is supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow with a chance of precipitation.  Not the end of the world, but you wouldn't know that to hear people talking.  I told my patient, long-suffering husband I would make dinner tonight since he has been cooking all week.  This meant I went to the grocery store after work with a crowd of people preparing for Armageddon.  And of course, I got a little caught up in the madness. So I bought some extra supplies, just in case we are iced in tomorrow. And for the next month.

We had a rare night together with no plans, and it was wonderful.  I made a simple dinner and we watched a movie.  I know, that doesn't sound particularly interesting, but to us, it was a big deal. I have to admit that I am secretly hoping for ice tomorrow, because I'm not looking forward to getting out in the cold.  Tonight, my foot is already starting to notice the cold front.  Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment