Thursday, January 29, 2015

1/29/15. The post where I cram my weekend into one night.

1/29/15: another night with too little sleep.  And again, not because of my foot, which continued to improve through the night and most of the day.  I managed to be alert enough to get through a busy work day.  And work is only going to get busier.  As I mentioned earlier, my work is cyclical, and things are ramping up right now.  I received enough meeting invitations today to completely book up my work calendar for the next two weeks, and that does not account for me actually doing any work between meetings.  The next few months are going to be interesting.  

Whether my foot felt better today or I was just too busy to notice it, I'm not sure, but near the end of the work day it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't thought about it for most of the day.  This was especially good news because it also suddenly occurred to me that I was not really going to have a weekend.  Starting tomorrow, we will have a house full of musicians for a Saturday evening concert, which means lots of host duty and administrative concert prep work.  I leave early Sunday morning for a business trip that will last several days, so all those things still on the to-do list from last weekend?  Tonight was the night.

My patient, long-suffering husband and I kicked it into overdrive and knocked virtually everything off the list.  I'm not saying we didn't cut a few corners, but at least now the house is organized well enough that we could ignore it for a week if necessary without any major issues.  Which is exactly what we will do.  

Tonight's burst of activity was not great for my foot, but it still feels significantly better than it did Monday.  After a few days of gorgeous spring-like weather, it is going to be cold and rainy again starting tomorrow.  We'll see if the new stimulator program strategy is equal to the task of bad weather + tons of activity + not enough sleep.  Wish it (and me) luck, because we'll need it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment