Thursday, August 14, 2014

8/14/14. The post where I have a fun evening.

8/14/14: slept through most of the night, even after my marathon sleep yesterday.  The vertigo was back this morning, but not as bad as yesterday, and I was at a 6.5.  I took a short stroll and went to work.  It was a big day at the office - the bi-monthly meeting of our governing board - so it was important that I be there, vertigo or not.  Fortunately, I did not have a presentation.  I just needed to listen and try not to fall out of my chair.  I must have looked like I was really paying attention, because I spent most of the day staring intently straight ahead.

By the end of the day, the vertigo was not quite as bad, but my foot was a bit worse.  We still had our teenage charge, and she and I decided to make dinner while my patient, long-suffering husband was at a rehearsal.  As the evening wore on, the meal became more and more elaborate and by the time he got home, we had put together a three-course extravaganza and planned a movie to watch.  I wasn't a pretend parent so much as a pretend aunt, which is much more my strong suit.  She and I had a great evening together, which took my mind off my foot.

Tomorrow will be a busy day, but at least it will be a Friday.  There won't be time to cook an elaborate meal, but no worries.  We still have about 20 pounds of leftover pasta from tonight's cooking frenzy.  I'm always happy to contribute to the culinary delinquency of a minor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment