Friday, August 15, 2014

8/15/14. The post where the light at the end of the tunnel gets closer.

8/15/14: more vertigo this morning, but manageable.  Foot pain was also manageable - I'll call it a 5.  A slow walk, but a little longer this morning, and then it was on to work.

I got a call from my patient, long-suffering husband this afternoon with good news.  His surgery was moved up to Tuesday morning.  This means he just has to get through the equivalent of a long weekend.  It also means he will have a little more recovery time before my procedure, so it was good news for everyone.  

Despite our current medical woes, we had plans to go out for the evening.  A very close friend of mine invited us to a fundraising concert for a really worthy charity.  I briefly considered wearing a pair of unauthorized shoes for the event, but my foot was red and swollen and the pain level was up to a 7, so I went with the trusty flat sandals.  We had a very enjoyable time and the venue was close to my patient, long-suffering husband's parents' home, so we stopped by for a visit afterward.  An evening of sitting proved to be a bit much for him and he was in pretty bad shape by the time we got home.  He got into bed and approximately 47 seconds after telling me he didn't think he could sleep because of the pain, he was snoring.  Thank goodness.  Just three more days and we hope he will have some relief.  In the last week, his tunnel has gotten significantly shorter and the light has gotten much brighter.

So has mine.  I'm down to three weeks before my procedure and I think I can make it.  There are lots of things on the calendar to keep me busy between now and then and I'm sure the time will go quickly.   Tonight I am feeling the effects of a long day at work and an evening out, but a little sleep should cure it.  I think I'll try to take care of that now and see if I can beat my patient, long-suffering husband's record.  47...46...45...44...

No comments:

Post a Comment