Saturday, August 23, 2014

8/23/14. The post where we do our best imitation of slugs.

8/23/14:  a Saturday with nothing on the calendar.  A very rare occurrence.  We decided to make the most of it by doing...nothing.  

I guess "nothing" isn't quite the right word for it.  We made blueberry pancakes.  We did some long overdue computer work for my patient, long-suffering husband's music series.  We took a nap.  We walked to the mailbox and back.  We watched a bike race and a baseball game.  A pretty good Saturday, actually.

It was about all we could manage.  My patient, long-suffering husband tapered off his pain medication today, so he was pretty sore and tired, and I spent another day in the 7-8 range.  I have officially reached the point where I no longer want to wear shoes.  Even flip-flops are incredibly uncomfortable.  Kind of ironic for someone who has a custom-built shoe storage wall and a commissioned painting of some of her favorite shoes.  But society has rules about shoes - no shirt, no shoes, no service, you know.  So I guess I'll keep wearing them, at least when I'm not at home.  And I hope that soon I'll enjoy it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment