Saturday, August 2, 2014

8/2/14. The post where we have a cool front.

8/2/14:  my patient, long-suffering husband did not wake up in the middle of the night howling in pain, so it must have been a good night.  We had a fairly lazy morning and my niece and I went out for breakfast tacos before she moved on to her next destination.  Then I went for a much-needed manicure/pedicure.  (On my hands - "Are We There Yet?" from the OPI Touring collection.  On my feet - "Azure Wish" by Vinylux.)

Today was a strange day to describe with regard to my foot.  While my pain level never went above about a 6.5 and my foot did not change colors, it seemed more irritating than usual and I had trouble blocking it out.  My patient, long-suffering husband spent most of his day working on the sound system project at church and I had lots of chores to do.  But an unusual "cool front" came through and the high was only about 90.  So instead of chores, I spent the afternoon sitting on the deck, watching the city and listening to music while drinking cold beverages.  It was either awesome or pathetic.  I'm going to go with awesome.  

My patient, long-suffering husband finally finished the project - at least for the time being - and we celebrated with sushi.  Guess we'll have to catch up on those chores tomorrow.  But the weather is supposed to be nice again.  Maybe they can wait another day.  I hear the deck calling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment