Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8/26/14. The post where we enjoy the calm before the storm.

8/26/14: woke up on time this morning and got to do my walk.  I started the day at a 6 and the walk did not make it worse.  I made it to work on time and had a relatively normal work day.  Not that any day at my work place can be considered "normal".  I got to spend a little time on the phone with Mom  and she ate some potato chips while we were talking.  While that may not seem like anything important, I assure you it is epic and made me quite happy.  But don't get any big ideas - I don't want to hear any of the rest of you eating potato chips if we are on the phone.   

My patient, long-suffering husband continues to have ups and downs, but he is making good progress.  He worked a full day today and we converged on the house after work to enjoy one last quiet evening before things get crazy again.  The rest of the week will involve work, rehearsals, appointments, and meetings.  Oh, and hosting a fundraising gala.  Then family in town for the holiday weekend, a few more days of work and preparations, and my surgery.  Makes me tired just typing it.

My foot cooperated fairly well today and stayed in the 6-6.5 range all day.  Except for a brief period after my walk, the color was also normal.  Which allowed me to notice an ugly bruise on my big toe.  A few nights ago, I was moving an ottoman and scraped one of the legs across my big toe and down the inside of my foot.  It would have hurt in any circumstance, but I couldn't have come closer to the damaged nerve if I had tried, and the pain was blinding for several minutes.  My foot has been so red the last two days that I didn't even notice the green bruise.  But sure enough, there it is.  And it reminds me how strange this disorder is.  The bruise hurts when I touch it, but it is a completely different type of pain, the kind I remember feeling in the past but have forgotten about as I deal with the current issue.  I am incredibly curious as to whether/how the stimulator will affect everyday injuries and aches and pains in my right leg and foot.  Guess I'll find out soon enough.  

I expect to be able to post for the rest of the week, but it may be late and the content may be sparse.  But when I have more time to post, I suspect I will have lots to say.  For now, I will enjoy the last bit of quiet and I hope you do, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment