Saturday, August 16, 2014

8/16/14. The post where we divide and conquer.

8/16/14: didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped and woke up at a 6 this morning.  It was a fairly lazy morning for both of us, but the evening seemed more like a work day.

This was one of those days where our careers interfered with our personal lives.  I had a retirement function to attend for a colleague in another city about two hours away and my patient, long-suffering husband was playing a fundraiser concert.  Normally each of us would have accompanied the other to these types of functions, but today we had to divide and conquer.

And conquer, we did.  Especially my patient, long-suffering husband.  He had a very successful and gratifying performance, despite being in pain.  My job was much easier - all I had to do was show up at my function and be reasonably pleasant.  I rode with a co-worker, so I didn't even have to drive.  There were a few times I was distracted enough by my foot that being reasonably pleasant was a chore, but I don't think anyone noticed.  

I am at a 7 tonight, but haven't had any vertigo all day.  Tomorrow is the last weekend day before my patient, long-suffering husband's surgery, so we will get the house convalescence-ready (is that really a term?) and finish up some chores that need to happen before the 2014 Parade of Surgeries.  I have a feeling the next month is going to be a blur.  Even more of a blur than usual.  


No comments:

Post a Comment