Thursday, August 28, 2014

8/28/14. The post where there's a short break in the action.

8/28/14: I have a short break in this action-packed week for a post, so I'll take advantage of it.  Yesterday morning started off okay for me - I was at about a 6.  My patient, long-suffering husband didn't start the day quite as well.  While he was not in too much pain, he slept very poorly and was still recovering from the anesthesia and pain medication. 

My office was technically closed for the day, but I decided to go in and get caught up on some work since I would be out on Friday for final gala preparations.  I got dressed and went through the now-familiar exercise of trying to find a pair of comfortable shoes.  After several strikeouts, I finally decided to wear some completely inappropriate shoes, because...screw it.  (And as my patient, long-suffering husband said, it's impossible to argue with that logic.)  If my "comfortable" shoes were going to cause just as much pain, I might as well wear something I would enjoy.  And I figured I'd take whatever shoes I was wearing off as soon as I sat down behind my desk anyway.  So I went to work in these:


The day went quickly.  After a full work day, I went to have my hair sassified, then went to my homeowner's association meeting, which was not as bad as I expected.  We ended the night by having a few friends over for a final blind taste test of the wines we were considering serving at the gala.  My foot was a red, swollen wreck by the end of the night, but I don't blame it on the shoes. At least not completely.

This morning came too early, but there was still much to be done, so no time to lie around.  I went to work for the last time until after Labor Day and this evening we will entertain some musicians who are in town to perform tomorrow evening at the gala.  My patient, long-suffering husband slept much better last night (maybe it was the late evening wine tasting?) and was a whirlwind of activity today.  I settled on flat sandals today and my foot has felt about the same as it did during the day yesterday with the higher heels.  Yes, I am still experimenting with, comparing, and contrasting shoe choices this close to my surgery.  It doesn't make any more sense to me than it does to you.

Tomorrow will be full of event preparations and, of course, the event itself.  I'll be back when I can to give a full rundown of the gala.  Until then, I hope everyone is looking forward to the holiday weekend.  Have fun and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment