Saturday, August 23, 2014

8/22/14. The post where I leave the patient alone.

8/22/14: I woke up at a 7.5, which was still extremely unpleasant, but good enough to go back to work.  Before I left, I gave my patient, long-suffering husband a lecture about not overdoing it while I was gone, with specific instructions about forbidden activities, such as picking up things off the floor or practicing his instrument.  When I finished, he admitted to me that while I was in the shower the previous day, he snuck down into the music room to practice his instrument for a short period.  He assured me it didn't hurt and he didn't overdo it.  Sigh.  I'm not sure he's considered the fact that in less than two weeks the tables will be turned and I will follow his example.

I tried on about four pairs of shoes before finding one my foot could tolerate.  It didn't exactly match my outfit, but it was close enough for Casual Friday.  I took off my shoes as soon as I got behind my desk anyway.  I made it through the day and was down to a 7 by the time I got home.  I needn't have worried about my patient, long-suffering husband overdoing it.  He was pretty exhausted and was not up to very much activity during the day.

We had a nice evening.  We invited some good friends over to keep us company - the kind of friends where you feel comfortable putting out leftover snacks still in their plastic containers and receiving them in your pajama bottoms.  Everyone should have friends like that.  We had fun catching up on stories and watching a movie.  

Looking forward to a quiet weekend with very little on the calendar.  My foot is still hanging out in the 7-8 range and I fear the days of 3-5 are officially over until the surgery.  Less than two weeks to go.  I can make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment